The ParsimPro simulation software is Discrete & Dynamic.
• Discrete: It’s about particles, just like in real life. A series of properties determines for each particle at each “machine” the probability that it ends up in a particular product.
• Dynamic: Time is running, just like in real life. The particles are transported from machine to machine.
The discrete and dynamic nature of software is an important difference from Excel-like solutions. With ParsimPro simulation software it is possible to take into account particle properties like size and shape and to describe loops in the system, e.g. a shredder-screen combination.
The value of ParsimPro simulation software
The computer is for “Trial and error”. Here you make the plan. Inside the plant facility, the plan is implemented. This saves a lot of expensive time-consuming trial and error in the real-life system.
What are the applications by the end of 2014:
- Describe waste unambiguously;
- Describe separation processes based on general models developed by TU Delft;
- Calculate efficiency of (parts of) separation plante;
- Determine the composition of products;
- Determine whether the products from separation plants meet requirements of customers;
- Calculate the value of products;
- Determine the operation of separation devices based on experiments (Blackbox);
- Determine the most appropriate properties of materials to separate them from eachother.
- Advanced (at particle level) describe waste fractions using an in house developed device: the PCD;
The propositions on which ParsimPro simulation software has been developed:
- Solid waste is mixed bulk
- Mixed Bulk is a mix of “particles” with various characteristics (material, size, shape)
- The mix is divided into fractions: collections of particles with similar characteristics
- Based on 10 to 20 fractions the quality of mixed bulk can be determined
- This should be done statistically sound.
The PCD of Decistor is our Particle Characterization Device. The device is developed to assess the quality of heaps. Based on a described sampling protocol the heap will be quantified. The collecting of your heap data using the Decistor PCD is digitally facilitated with the ParsimPro simulation software.